Saturday 5 October 2013

How Much Burden Can You Bear?

There is a limit beyond which we can't perform well. When we reach that limit we get exhausted and it makes a sign that we should leave the rest to be done when we regain the strength. Moreover, there is a time limit also. Now, the question arises as to how much work burden we can bear....

The present college where I shoulder the responsibilities are worth to mention. In the college Special English is offered and the requirement of running the B.A. and B.COM  program involves having 3 posts (mahekam) of Asst. Professor. It means that I have to handle the work of Three! Apart from taking classes in B.A (Main as welll Comp.) and B.COM I have to shoulder the responsibility of DELL (Digital Education & Learning Lab). (In most government colleges the DELL labs are horribly maintained and in such  condition, when we are given the charge of the lab, it becomes a headache to work.) Moreover, other official works which involve preparing informations (and correspondance) are expected to be done by me as I'm computer savvy and  In such situation I hardly think of carrying out my creative as well as research activities.

I don't complain that I have to work a lot but my point is this when we fail to devote time (due to time limitation) we are not spared. Instead of encouraging us we held responsible for not completing the task. But the real thing is we need to be encouraged and the highest authority of the college needs to stand by our side when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment